Saturday, February 6, 2010

Use Calligraphy to give your Invitations the look of Romance

We have chose Calligraphy by Jennifer for a vendor spotlight. Calligraphy is a visual art. It is often called the art of fancy lettering and is often used for wedding invitation. We have interviewed a very talented lady that truly loves what she does.








Events by WE :How long have you been in the business? Jennifer: Calligraphy by Jennifer has been in business since 2005 Events by WE : What inspires your creativity? Jennifer: Alot of my creativity comes from spur of the moment random ideas actually! I can be hand-lettering a piece and think "Oh wow wouldn't that be beautiful to add a flourish here or there." Much of my inspiration too comes from my brides. For example, I will listen to my bride and come up with creations that will fit her personality or venue theme and overall wedding style. I also pull alot of my creative energy from wedding blogs I follow and all the wonderful wedding magazines out there. You will be amazed out much you can learn from these avenues!
Events by WE: What special touches do you create for the couple, that separates you from the rest? Jennifer:Many times when I recieve requests from a couple that want special projects done such as poems, monograms, logos, etc. I will suggest to my clients different ways they can create a piece that will be truely special to them. For example, I may talk to them about different papers they could use that would enhance the overall calligraphy. Or perhaps, various embellishments and designs they could add to give it that extra "Wow" factor! I am very detail oriented and imaginative so I think that helps me create one of a kind unique pieces.

Events by WE : Out of all the styles of calligraphy, which style is your favorite? Jennifer: I offer so many different styles of calligraphy but I would have to say two of my all time favorites are Platinum Flourish and Hollywood Swirl. I am torn between the two! I tend to love more flourishing when I hand-letter.
Jennifer's favorite script Events by WE: Have you ever thought of starting your own signature line of cards and invitations? Jennifer: Great question! I do offer my very own line of invitations. I recently partnered with Katrina Davenport from Paper Mill Designs and for the past several months we have worked hard to create our own line of invitations called Isabelle Lynne. Isabelle Lynne Signature Designs are a couture line of custom calligraphy invitations. Every suite is individually hand-lettered and letterpress or flat printed. All designs can be customized with your choice of calligraphy and color preferences. We do offer completely custom designs as well. These beautiful invitations are perfect for the Stylish and Sophisticated bride and groom. We also plan to incorporate more designs into our line as well as other personalized products.
Events by WE : How much time do you need to complete an order? Jennifer: That generally depends on our current schedule and what type of services is requested. For envelope and place card addressing I always recommend my brides book calligraphy around the same time they order their invitations or even before. If a client decides to order invitation through us, production normally takes around 4 to 6 weeks for the entire design process.

Thanks Jennifer for alowing us to share your love for Calligraphy with our friends xox0

1 comment:

  1. Excellent interview! So fun to read about Jennifer - she seems like a lovely gal, who truly loves what she does. Now THAT'S inspiring!

    ReplyDelete