Sunday, May 31, 2009

Josephine Baker Inspired Wedding

 
Posted by Picasa
Born in St. Louis Missouri on June 3, 1906, Josephine Baker grew up to become an Humanitarian, Civil Rights activist, and an Entertainer. She was the mother of 12 adopted children of different ethnicities, affectionally called the “Rainbow Tribe”. Josephine also helped in the war efforts in World War II. “Wow, what a woman!” Mrs. Baker was also known as The Bonze Venus, The Black Pearl, Creole Goddess, but she was best known in France as “La Baker”. Josephine is one woman of history that I would like to sit down with in a coffee shop and talk to. She was more than an entertainer; to me she was most of all “Fearless”. While reading about her life story and looking at her photos it just blows me away on how this petite woman changed the world. As a bridal planner, I always have many different ideas about themes and one-of-a kind events for my clients. I enjoyed working on this one. Enjoy! It was said that Mrs.Baker had received approximately 1,500 marriage proposals.

1 comment:

  1. Josephine was truly a great lady. I visited her home in southwest France - Chateau des Milandes - in 2007, and learned of her life there. I was especially impressed that she adopted 12 children from different countries around the world. I met her first adopted son, Akio, there also. Josephine's spirit still lives in the Chateau. Her story and the story of Chateau des Milandes is available in a YouTube video which I posted recently on my blog. Hope you enjoy.

    ReplyDelete